Furnace for heat treatment of aluminium castings – two-furnace variant
This line was designed for solution annealing followed by artificial ageing of aluminium castings. It is made up of two horizontally loaded furnaces on rails. Using these rails, it is shifted from its loading and operating position to a position above the tempering bath.
The line performs the whole solution annealing process either automatically or semi-automatically. The operator only needs to bring the charge under the furnace on a pallet cart and run the programme.
Both furnaces are connected to a single control system with a programmable automated system, so the whole heat treatment process needs no major operator interventions. The charge, inside a loading basket, is loaded using a forklift under the furnace, and the furnace takes it over using a hook. After treatment is completed, the furnace is moved above a water bath, the door opens, and the charge is let into the water.
Thanks to the minimisation of the distance between the furnace and the water bath, the immersion time needed can be reduced to below 8 to 10 seconds.
The line can easily be expanded with a furnace for artificial ageing so the whole heat treatment process can be completed in one device.
What’s great about this facility
- even temperature distribution
- the furnace can be equipped with an appropriate number of thermocouples and a recording device needed for meeting the demands of the AMS 2750e standard
- immersion time can be shortened to under 8 to 10 seconds
- the whole heat treatment process can be done in one facility
- option to increase the facility’s capacity by expanding it with a second furnace for solution annealing
- automatic and semi-automatic versions